Environmental Job and Intern Opportunities
The Iowa Environmental Council seeks a Bookkeeper/Office Manager. Ideal candidates possess a skill set and job experience relevant to position qualifications and responsibilities, as well as a passion for the mission of the Iowa Environmental Council.
Position Title: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $14-$17/hour
Status: Permanent part-time position, 20+ hours/week (somewhat flexible hours)
- 3 years’ experience with QuickBooks
- 3 years’ experience with data bases
- 3 years’ experience in Office Administration with budget and finance
- 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Financial accounting: accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, monthly financial reports; payroll with benefits administration, quarterly and annual payroll filing; process deposits
- Manage office responsibilities: vendor relationships, scheduling with Microsoft Outlook, postal mail, telephone, track and order supplies
- Develop and maintain positive relations with individual member on behalf of the Council in verbal, written and electronic communications.
- Manage the office technology: telephone, fax, copier and computer systems
- Assist in event and meeting planning
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- $14-$17/hour, 20 hours/week (somewhat flexible hours)
- Vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Flex Savings Plan
- Retirement Plan
Beginning in January 2013, the Iowa Environmental Council shares job listings from our coalition of member and cooperator organizations on our blog.
We welcome submissions for jobs, interns, and long-term volunteer opportunities from our member and cooperating organizations. Do you represent one of these organizations? Send your opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.