Fundraising and Donor Relations Internship
Date Posted: 11/20/2017
Type of Employment: Intern
Position Title: Development Intern
Status: Part-time volunteer position
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Reports to: Development Director
About the Iowa Environmental Council: Founded in 1995, the Iowa Environmental Council is the largest and most comprehensive environmental coalition in the state. We are a nonpartisan alliance of diverse organizations and individuals working together to protect and preserve Iowa's environment. Together, we unify Iowans to advocate for clean water & land stewardship, clean energy, and a healthy climate.
Position Summary: The Development intern will assist the Development Director in all aspects of IEC’s funding strategy. This may include portions of membership, recruiting new and retaining existing members, and assisting with donor recognition, events and communications.
Specific duties may also include:
- Database management
- Performing grant research
- Assisting with the Council’s direct mail campaign
- Assist with the Council’s annual event, Pro H20
- Supporting general office functions such as filing, mailing and research
Qualifications and desirable qualities
- At least two years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, environmental science, marketing or related field
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving and fundraising technology a plus
- Self-motivation, the ability to organize workload and work independently in a multi-project environment, and conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Commitment and enthusiasm to protect Iowa’s environment.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. Hours can range based on availability but will generally be around 12 hours per week.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume by November 30 to Judy Downs, Development Director at Iowa Environmental Council, 521 East Locust, Suite 220, Des Moines, IA 50309-1939, EMAIL email@example.com.
How to Apply:
1. View job description
Choose the job opening above that you are interested in and click "More Information" to view the full job description.
2. Cover letter & resume
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Cover letters may be addressed to the hiring manager listed in the job opening.
If you are a final candidate for the position, you will be contacted by the hiring manager. No phone calls or emails please.