Legislative Portal: Legislative Events
Throughout session and the year, there are activities hosted by IEC, legislators, and other groups you can participate in to engage and be heard by representatives.
Environmental Advocacy Day
Each year, IEC hosts individuals and organizations from across the state at the Iowa State Capitol for Environmental Advocacy Day. IEC will hold two advocacy days in 2022:
IEC Advocacy Trainings
IEC offers live and virtual advocacy trainings throughout the year free of charge. Check out our events page to get details.
You can also view this online advocacy training hosted in 2021 on-demand on our YouTube channel.
IEC 2022 Legislative Preview
Prior to the start of Legislative Session, IEC welcomes supporters and the public to hear more about the Council's plans for the upcoming year. On January 5, IEC hosted their Legislative Preview.
Legislative Committee Meetings
Legislative forums are a great way to interact with your elected officials. For tips and tricks on attending a legislative forum, check out this blog. These forums are not hosted by IEC.
View the updated forum list for this week.
The following sources track legislative forums during the session:
Note: These links will lead to sites not owned by the Iowa Environmental Council. Opinions on external sites are not endorsed by IEC.
Other Helpful Info for the Public
- The Legislative Dining Room (room 15) will be used for outside groups between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. Monday through Friday. Do not change the layout of the room. This is booked by the Chief Clerk’s Office. After 9 a.m. the Senate will be using it for Legislative purpose.
- Senate rooms are not available for outside groups between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- House rooms have limited availability for outside groups between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Contact the Chief Clerk’s Office to reserve space.
- Senate north and south galleries are open. However, room 319.4 and tables in south gallery are for media only.
- House north and south galleries are open.
Capitol Event Calendars:
The following links show daily events taking place at the Capitol throughout the 2022 session.
Return to Legislative Portal