Apply for Organization Membership
Member Organization benefits include:
- visibility on our member page with hyperlink to your website
- an opportunity to reserve a display table at no cost for Environmental Lobby Day at the Iowa State Capitol and discounted exhibitor registration at our events
- an invitation to share upcoming events on our community calendar and in select Council communications
- a subscription to IEC publications, including a monthly Organizational e-newsletter
- a seat at weekly roundtable discussions during the Iowa Legislative session
- invitations to members only events, including our annual meeting and issue working groups
- demonstrating you are an environmental ally
For nonprofit and volunteer organizations only:
- A vote for member organization representatives on our board of directors
Who can apply?
Organizations or businesses that are concerned with protecting Iowa's natural resources and share our mission for a safe, healthy environment and sustainable future for Iowa. Organizations or businesses cannot have a mission or vision that conflicts with the purpose and function of the Iowa Environmental Council.
If your organization wishes to become a Member Organization please submit the application. After submitting the application, please complete the online payment.
Pay for Organizational Membership
If your organization wishes to become a Member Organization, but pay by check or over the phone, please submit the application to IEC's Communications and Development Director Angelisa Belden at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Iowa Environmental Council
Attn: Angelisa Belden
505 Fifth Avenue, Suite 850
Des Moines, IA 50309
Staff will contact you for payment.
The Board of Directors of the Iowa Environmental Council will review and approve or deny member applications at the next scheduled board meeting. Board meetings are held monthly. The applicant will be informed of the board's decision two business days after the board's decision.
If you send a check with your application, the check will be deposited after your application has been approved. If you paid via credit card and are not approved for membership, your payment will be reimbursed.
President's Circle - $10,000
Champion - $5,000
Visionary - $2,500
Guardian - $1,000 (Member Organization donations at this level or above are considered sponsors to our annual events)
Steward - $500
Leader - $250
Organizational Member - $100
Contact Angelisa Belden at 515-244-1194 x210 or email@example.com