New Ways to Support IEC this Earth Day
by Jordan Bles on Thursday, April 22, 2021
As Director of Fundraising and Development for IEC, one of my favorite things is to find creative ways people can support this work. When we revamped our individual membership program last year, it was fun to come up with the 'swag' that would let people show their support for IEC. (Year one was a sticker and print featuring our new logo at the Leadership level and above. Year two is a coaster for everyone and an IEC hat for members $250+).
But even more than picking and choosing cool swag, I love the chance to both give folks the opportunity to share their love of IEC with their dollars (and maybe a shirt, or a sticker), but also to be able to give some love to businesses in our communities – many of whom are members of IEC and also support the work we all do together.
As we look toward Earth Day, I am really excited about some of the ways you can do that right now and in the coming weeks. Ways like:
- IEC Member Org Thumbprint Soap will launch their Earth Day themed soap, with a portion of the proceeds going to IEC.
- When you shop at Target (yes, that Target) between now and June 30, and are a member of Target Circle, you can vote for IEC as a favorite nonprofit, and help us raise funds. Login to your account on target.com, and click on Target Circle to learn more.
- OneMission, based in Mt. Vernon, Iowa, has an IEC-themed design that looks great on a shirt, hat, coffee mug, whatever! And, lots of other great designs that will support IEC if you select us as your charity of choice.
- RAYGUN's 'Iowa: Is there poop in this water?' t-shirt is available to purchase online, and some of the proceeds go to IEC. We're also anticipating opening a web-based IEC shop with them in the coming weeks!
- In June the Council will be the Humankind charity of choice for our friends at The Side Garage. Look for more information coming about that soon.
And, of course, I love it when people promote IEC via social media – one of the best ways to share something you are passionate about with family and friends. This Earth Day, I hope you will consider sharing the IEC Earth Day Facebook fundraiser, with a little note about why you support IEC.
But, really, this Earth Day, I am grateful for whatever way YOU choose to make your support of IEC known. I hope you also love on some of our friends along the way. And I wonder if there are other groups or business you think we should partner with? Drop me a line and let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thanks so much for all that you do for IEC, and Happy Earth Day!